Although CCMA rules generally allow you to have legal representation in arbitrations, there is one important – and common – exception.
Have you suffered a personal injury? If you have, you are entitled to enforce your rights and claim from the person who caused the injury. Personal injury cases are complex, and there are a number of important factors to consider before you lodge your personal injury claim, and you should engage the services of an attorney with a track record of success in personal injury cases to make sure that you have a valid claim. If you want to ensure your best chances of winning your personal injury case, you will need to engage the services of a professional personal injury claim attorney.
Personal injury is an umbrella-term referring to civil litigation relating to physical or psychological harm resulting from the intentional or negligent actions of another.
Personal injury claims may arise from:
- Injuries resulting from slipping in a supermarket or shopping centre
- Injuries resulting from a dog bite
- Injuries and/or psychological harm resulting from an assault or rape
- Financial loss resulting from a defamatory comment
- Injuries or psychological harm resulting from the negligence or dereliction of duty
- Injuries resulting from falling into an open manhole
- Injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident
- Injuries sustained while under the instruction/ supervision of another (eg lifeguard, teacher, sports instructor etc)